Showing 1–12 of 15 results
Title 46 CFR Part 160, Subpart 160.041 – Kits, First-Aid, for Merchant Vessels
- First-aid kits covered by this specification shall be of the water-tight cabinet carrying type designated as Type II, Grade A, class B by Federal Specification GG-K-391
- First-aid kits shall be of a size (approximately 9” x 9” x 2 ½” inside) adequate for packing the equivalent of 24 standard single cartons
- The container shall be of substantial and rugged construction, with the body, handle, and all fittings of a corrosion-resistant material or suitably protected against corrosion
- Individual cartons. Cartons shall be of the standard commercial unit type.
- Each approved first-aid kit shall be permanently marked with the following information:
- Name of manufacturer
- Trade name symbol
- Model number
- The Coast Guard Approval Number
- The words “FIRST-AID KIT.”
- Leak testing: A closed empty container, lined with colored blotting paper, shall be submerged under one foot of water for a period of two hours. No seepage shall be allowed.
- Salt spray. The container shall be exposed to a spray of 20% by weight of reagent grade sodium chloride at about 95° F